Spion, Minox, Minolta, Celestron, Nikon etc - The Different Types of Popular Binoculars
People with eyeglasses use binoculars to magnify their views and thereby see an object more clearly. Binoculars generally have rubber rims around the eyepiece. This prevents binoculars from scraping the eyeglass lenses. Good quality binoculars commonly have only one lens.
Binocular telescopes or binoculars, also known as field glasses, give a three-dimensional view of the target object. Binoculars consists of two similar telescopes especially designed to fit the eyes. The telescopes are mounted onto a single frame.
These gadgets are designed to be used with both eyes open. There's no need to close one eye. This is a convenient tool to those who love the outdoors. The hunters, astronomers, boaters, sports enthusiasts, leisure travelers and fishermen will all find binoculars very handy and useful.
High quality is usually equated to the brand name. They are trusted manufacturers receiving excellent reviews. Check the manufacturer of the pair of binoculars you intend to buy. Popular brands include:
Different types of binoculars have different types of lenses. Consider this when purchasing a binocular. Choose one that suits your lifestyle and budget.
Different types of Binoculars
- Compact binoculars - These small and portable binoculars are ideal for theater-viewing like the opera. It is also okay for hiking, hunting and other field trips.
- Standard binoculars - These gadgets are best used in outdoor activities like bird-watching, hiking, and watching spectator sports.
- Giant binoculars - These big and bulky binoculars are ideal for home use as a telescope (viewing the sky or moon) or for traveling while inside your vehicle.
- Stabilized binoculars - These high-powered binoculars use stabilizing technology that renders a clear image even with shaky hands.
- Zoom binoculars - The zoom binoculars specialize in enlarging objects quickly and efficiently, even at a great distance.
- Waterproof binoculars - These tools are safe underwater, perfect for marine use or beach activities.
- Digital camera binoculars - This new technology can capture and save a picture of the object viewed in the binoculars. They are not suited for astronomy use due to the compromised optics quality.
- Orca Navigator binoculars - This is the perfect binoculars for nature lovers. It is fog-proof, all-weather, very durable and waterproof. It has a fully coated lens for highest resolution viewing. The housing is covered with dry nitrogen gas.
- Barska Optic Gladiator 10-30x50 Zoom Binoculars - This also a zoom lens but with high quality coated magnification optics for sharper and crisper images. It also has a shock absorbing rubber handle and tripod. They are perfect for outdoor activities and sports events.